Funding Eligibility Criteria
Honda and the Honda USA Foundation provide support based on the following criteria. Please review all eligibility criteria before applying for funding.
Organizations may apply for more than one award category from either Honda or the Honda USA Foundation. However, an organization cannot apply for both Honda and Honda USA Foundation funding for the same program.
- Each fall, a funding cycle with specified award categories will open. Certain CSR pillar awards may not always be open for funding, and at times, Honda may provide invitation-only funding opportunities to key community partners.
- Approved funding will be distributed in the spring. If additional information is needed, Honda will contact the organization directly.
Organizations must be located in the United States and have tax-exempt status under the Internal Revenue Code Section 501(c)(3), or a public school district, private/public elementary and secondary schools as listed by the U.S. Department of Education’s National Center for Education Statistics (NCES).
Organizations Not Eligible for Consideration
- Organizations that are ineligible for contributions under any state or federal law
- Organizations with a pending 501(c)(3) tax-exempt public charity status
- Faith-based organizations that are organized for religious purposes
- Political candidates, campaigns or organizations
- Private clubs, fraternities or sororities
- Organizations that represent a conflict of interest with Honda
- Institutions located outside the U.S. or those whose funds are used outside the U.S.
- Organizations that discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, sex, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran or military status, marital status, family status, genetic information, or any other status protected by law
Requests Not Eligible for Consideration
- Requests for auction items
- Requests for athletic teams
- Requests from individuals
- Requests to support political candidates or campaigns
- Requests received outside of the online system
- Requests that do not align with one of Honda’s strategic CSR pillars
- Requests for funds to be used on completed projects
Funding opportunities are available in communities where our associates live and work. Eligible organizations can be regional or national in scope, but they must focus on and support communities near Honda locations. Visit www.honda.com/operations to see the list of our major operations.
Honda will accept requests for funding opportunities within a $25,000 to $100,000 range and will evaluate each request based on its own merit. Honda and the Honda USA Foundation may counter funding requests proposed by the organization based on community needs and available funding.
Please review the funding opportunities available from both Honda and the Honda USA Foundation. Please visit hondacanadafoundation.ca for Honda Canada Foundation funding criteria.