1. Scope of the Policy.
2. Collection of Information.
We collect information about you as a part of the operation of our websites. This information may include personal information, contact information, technical information, visitor information, employment information, payment information, or other information.
For example, we may collect the following information about you:
- Personal information such as your first and last name, title, gender, date of birth, age, associate number, or related information;
- Contact information such as home and office address; home, office, or cellular telephone numbers; fax number; home or office e-mail address; or related information;
- Technical information such as usernames and passwords; device sign-on data, device ID, duration of services and logins; other technical information discussed in Section 4 below; location information collected from websites, mobile devices, or others; or related information;
- Visitor information such as group name, purpose of your visit, affiliation, special needs, date of visit, or related information;
- Employment information such as job application information, resume information, qualifications or certifications, company name, position, salary, job title, current or previous addresses, social security number or other identification number, references, or related information;
- Payment Information such as credit card, bank account, or other information relating to your transactions; or
- Other information.
We may also collect information about you from third parties. We may receive information about your interactions with various service providers or websites. For example, if you access our services or websites using Facebook Connect, Facebook may pass certain information about your use of its service to us, including your user ID, any information you have made public in connection with that service, or any other information you have permitted those third parties to share with us.
If you apply for an employment position, we may also collect information about you from references, background checking organizations, or credit checking organizations. We may also collect information about you through various service providers. Information about you may also be submitted to us by someone registering you for a tour, visit, meeting, conference, or event.
3. Use of Information.
We may use information about you to provide you with our services; improve or develop our services; fulfill our business purposes, comply with legal requirements; or other purposes.
Provision of Services. We may use the information about you in order to provide you with our websites or services. For example, we may use information about you to:
- Enable you to interact with our websites, applications, services, social networks, or blogs;
- Enable you to interact with our supplier portals, media portals, or for our business purposes;
- Register, create, or manage user accounts and to authenticate you as a user and allow you to use our services or websites;
- Plan, coordinate, and enable you to attend plant or facilities visits;
- Enable you to apply for jobs, for job placement purposes, or human resources purposes;
- Measure, predict, or study the use of our websites or services and to personalize our websites and services to your interests;
- Send you messages that provide information about our websites or services or other communication; provide you with updates or other publications; or survey you for satisfaction or improvements;
- Market or promote our websites or services, such as by sending you messages regarding conferences, products, or services that you may be interested in; or developing promotional or marketing materials and provide those materials to you;
- Make using our websites more convenient, such as by storing your information;
- Enable you to participate in contests;
- Process your payments, billing, invoicing, or collections;
- Recover debt and collections; detecting and preventing fraud; or detecting and preventing violations of our agreements;
- Provide you with customer service, support, or dispute resolution, such as by answering your questions or resolving any problems; or otherwise communicating with you;
- Administer healthcare, wellness, discounts, other benefits, or related services or programs;
- Register you for meetings, conferences, or events; provide updates or marketing about other meetings, conferences, or events; or
- Other purposes.
Improving or Developing Services. We may use information about you to provide, protect, maintain, or improve our services or websites. We may also use this information to develop new services or websites, improving the content and functionality of our websites or services, understanding our users, or managing our websites or services.
Business Transfers. As we continue to develop our business, we may buy or sell business units. We may use information about you in connection with these transactions.
4. Sharing of Information.
Service Providers. We may share information about you with individuals or organizations that perform services on our behalf. These may include website hosting or support service providers; recruitment service providers; human resources consultants; background check organizations; contest promoters; conference or event organizers and promoters; marketing service providers; financial institutions; payment processors; anti-fraud service providers; shipping or billing service providers; customer service providers; or others who perform legal, compliance, technological, security, logistical, financial, tax, or administrative functions on our behalf. We take reasonable steps to ensure the privacy and security of information about you, and to prevent the loss, misuse, or alteration of that information. We require these organizations to use your information solely for the purposes of providing services to us, to protect your information with appropriate safeguards, and to comply with legal requirements as necessary.
Business Transfers. As we continue to develop our business, we may buy or sell business units. We may transfer information about you in connection with these transactions.
We may share information about you for legal reasons. For example, we may share information about you to protect the rights of HNA, our customers, suppliers, service providers, employees, or others; enforce our agreements; recover debt; protect the confidentiality and security of records; detect and prevent fraud or violations of the law; abide by the law, court orders, government or law enforcement requests, or discovery requests; prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities; or for other purposes identified in our websites or agreements.
We may also disclose aggregate or statistical information to our business partners, for public relations purposes, or other purposes.
5. Cookies, Web Beacons, Logs, or Other Automated Collection.
We use browser cookies, Flash cookies, web beacons, logs, or other technologies for functionality, convenience, analytics, marketing, security, activity trending, or other purposes relating to your use of our websites.
Cookies. A browser cookie is a small text file placed on your device by a website that contains information that can later be read and modified. We may use browser cookies to authenticate you as a user when you log in to your account; track your session, remember your settings, location, or preferences; deliver content specific to your preferences and interests; load websites faster and connect with servers; or provide other functions. You may change your browser settings to reject cookies or to alert you when a cookie is placed on your device. However, you may have limited functionality if you block browser cookies set by our websites. The Help portion of your browser should explain how to configure your browser’s cookie handling.
Flash Cookies and other Local Storage. We may use Adobe Flash cookies (or Local Shared Objects) or HTML5 local storage in connection with our websites or services. These local storage technologies are similar to browser cookies. We may use these technologies with videos and applications to provide you with video clips, animation, or other content. We may use these technologies to remember settings, preferences, and usage. We do not use Flash cookies or HTML5 local storage to serve interest-based advertising. Flash cookies are usually managed using a different interface than the one provided by your browser. You may change your settings to reject or control the Flash cookies by using Adobe’s Flash Settings Manager. You may also turn off or uninstall Adobe Flash for your web browser. Your browser may also allow you to turn off HTML5 local storage. However, you may have limited functionality if you block Flash cookies or HTML5 local storage set by our websites or if you turn off Adobe Flash or HTML5 storage. Your browser may also have add-ons that may help you manage Flash cookies or HTML5 storage.
Web Beacons. Web beacons are objects embedded into web pages that allow us to determine whether and for how long you view web pages. We may use web beacons for site traffic reporting, unique visitor counts, auditing and reporting, personalization, or other functions. You may be able to turn off or manage these beacons using browser add-ons. However, you may have limited functionality if you block web beacons set by our websites.
We may use third-party service providers to obtain information, analysis, and reports about the use of our websites and to enable you to interact with us or other users of our services or websites. We use various web technologies from Google Analytics, Omniture, Kaltura, Facebook Connect, Unica, or others. In these cases, third-party service providers’ privacy policies may also apply.
Logs. Logs may include information relating to Internet Protocol addresses, web requests, operating systems, browser types, browser languages, date and time of your request, and cookies that may uniquely identify your browser. We use this information to administer our systems; diagnose problems; obtain analytics; enhance the functionality of our websites or services; or to make our websites or services more convenient, secure, or efficient.
6. International Transfers.
Honda North America, Inc., 24025 Honda Parkway, Marysville, Ohio 43040, USA, is the controller for your information. Information about you may be used, stored, and processed, in whole or in part, in the United States. The principal place in which we hold information about you is Marysville, Ohio.
7. Opting Out.
You may opt-out of receiving emails, newsletters, or other communication regarding new products or services using your account, if available. You may also stop the delivery of future promotional emails from us by following the specific instructions in the emails you receive, if available. You may also send an email to email@example.com to tell us that you do not want to receive communications from us. However, you will continue to receive emails, confirmations, cancellations or other notices that are required as a part of the operation of our websites or services.
At your request, we will provide you with reasonable access to information about you so that you can review what we have stored and, if you choose, request corrections to it. We will attempt to respond to your request as soon as practicable and generally no later than 30 days following the request.
If you wish to correct information about you, please submit your request using the information in the “Contact Information” section below together with a clear explanation of the information you would like to access or correct. We may request additional information to verify your identity.
We may reject requests for access to information for legitimate business or legal reasons. For example, we may reject requests if your request requires disproportionate effort, is unreasonably repetitive, risks the privacy of others, or is impractical. Where information will not or cannot be accessed or amended, we will tell you the reasons.
Where we provide access, we will attempt to do so for free. However, we may charge a reasonable fee for access.
9. Children’s Online Privacy.
Our websites are not directed towards children under the age of 13. Children under the age of 13 should not use our websites.
10. Security, Integrity, and Retention.
We endeavor to use commercially reasonable efforts to keep information about you accurate, up to date, and secure. We endeavor to use appropriate physical, administrative, and technical security to protect against any loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, or inadequate disposal or destruction of information about you. We allow access to information about you only by employees or service providers who need to view that information.
If an employee misuses information about you, we may take disciplinary action, up to and including termination. If a third party misuses information about you, we may take action, up to and including termination of any agreement between us and that third party.
Nevertheless, we cannot guarantee the security of your information as it travels over the Internet. We urge you to take every precaution to protect your information while using the Internet. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your passwords and security of your systems.
11. Links to Other Websites.
12. Contact Information.
Honda North America, Inc.
24025 Honda Parkway
Marysville, Ohio 43040, USA
We will attempt to answer your questions or resolve your complaints or disputes in accordance with our policies.