Honda Shares Second Annual Inclusion & Diversity Report
Honda released our second annual Inclusion & Diversity Report today, “Inclusion: Together, We Will Bring the Future,” as part of our commitment to promoting equality within our workforce and society. The report reflects our goal of advancing inclusion, diversity, and equity across our company and communities throughout America.
This year’s report features comprehensive data on the diversity of Honda’s U.S. operations, including our workforce, dealers, suppliers, and corporate contributions. It also provides information about our partnerships with organizations supporting diverse communities. Some actions and accomplishments highlighted within the report include:
- Increased ethnic and gender diversity among its associates by 2% year-over-year for total workforce and up 3% for management positions
- Increased spending with diverse suppliers and U.S. philanthropic partners, including our pledge of $1 million to support each of the following organizations: Hispanic Scholarship Fund, National Urban League, and Thurgood Marshall Scholarship Fund
- Expanded dealer diversity with the addition of eight ethnic minority-owned dealerships and two women-owned dealerships, accounting for the highest net increase in the past 21 years
- Signed the Human Rights Campaign’s letter urging U.S. senators to pass the Respect for Marriage Act
- Introduced the new global Honda Human Rights Policy
“The second annual Inclusion & Diversity report illustrates our unwavering commitment to fostering a diverse and inclusive environment and our ongoing dedication toward progress and growth as an organization,” stated Yvette Hunsicker, Vice President of Corporate Social Responsibility and Inclusion & Diversity at American Honda Motor Co., Inc.
The future we envision depends on the actions we take today. We are proud of the progress we have made throughout the past year, but we have more work to do. By supporting inclusion and diversity initiatives that promote equity in the workplace and in communities in which our associates live and work, Honda aims to bring the future.