Honda Associates, Dealers and Suppliers Help Those in Need
Honda enlisted the efforts of associates, dealers and suppliers to support local communities as part of the 5th annual Team Honda Week(s) of Service initiative. The projects include blood drives, food packing, beautification efforts for local communities and more. Some volunteers are completing virtual projects, focusing on environmental education programs, CPR safety and other community needs. A virtual school supply drive also is open now through Aug. 13. Those interested in participating can learn more about how to contribute by clicking here.
Honda associates are encouraged to participate in the Team Honda Cares social campaign by conducting a small act of service and sharing it on social media using the hashtag #ShowYourService.
Below are some highlights from projects taking place across the U.S.
- Sierra Honda of Monrovia, California, donated $30,000 to the Foothills Boys and Girls Club. The donation will help fund scholarships for local children throughout the community for summer and fall programs.
- Hendrick Honda Hickory of Hickory, North Carolina, and the Honda Transmission Plant in Tallapoosa, Georgia (TMP-GA), donated blood in honor of Week(s) of Service 2021. TMP-GA associates donated a total of 19 pints of blood.
- Wilde East Towne Honda of Madison, Wisconsin, cleaned up Sun Prairie’s Dream Park by laying new mulch, planting trees, raking leaves, picking up trash, and staining and painting. In addition, Wilde East Towne also will be volunteering at Second Harvest Foodbank.
- Beaverton Honda in Beaverton, Oregon, donated to Clothes for Kids, an organization in the Beaverton School District that gives clothes to students and families with limited income.
- Five volunteers from supplier Cardington Yutaka Technologies recently helped out at Flying Horse Farms in Mt. Gilead, Ohio. Flying Horse Farms is a medical specialty camp that provides healing, transformative experiences for children with serious illnesses and their families, all free of charge. Volunteers worked to deep clean multiple spaces in preparation for upcoming family camps.
- Blood drives were recently held at the Anna Engine Plant and the Marysville Auto Plant with donations totaling over 150 units.
- Supplier U.S. Tsubaki Automotive, LLC. of Chicopee, Massachusetts, collected 20 bags of trash through an environmental cleanup initiative.
- Supplier Kay Automotive Graphics of Lake Orion, Michigan, donated food and money to Gleaners Community Food Bank. The food bank provides access to nutritious food to achieve a hunger-free community in southeast Michigan.
- Ryobi Die Casting summer interns and a group of volunteers spent the day helping out at Girls, Inc. located in Shelbyville, Indiana. They participated in a variety of activities such as gardening, cleaning gym walls and fixing various things around the facility.
- Honda’s Anna Engine Plant recently hosted a food drive to support AGAPE Distribution, Inc. in Sidney, Ohio. The plant also donated a forklift to assist in AGAPE’s everyday needs and responsibilities.
- Capitol City Honda of Olympia, Washington, hosted a COVID-19 vaccination clinic on-site for its Week(s) of Service project.
- Honda’s Alabama Auto Plant recently hosted a blood drive where 31 associates donated blood for Week(s) of Service.