Honda Battle of the Bands
Now in its thirteenth year, the Honda Battle of the Bands (HBOB) celebrates and supports the most prestigious marching bands from America’s Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCU), and provides them with a platform to share their unique blend of musicianship and choreography with millions of fans.
Each year, eight bands are selected to perform in the Invitational Showcase through a process that includes online fan voting, as well as feedback from band directors, HBCU school presidents and representatives from American Honda. The eights bands below will take the Georgia Dome by storm on January 24, 2015, in the 13th Annual HBOB Invitational Showcase:
- Alabama State University, Mighty Marching Hornets (Southwestern Athletic Conference)
- Bethune-Cookman University, Marching Wildcats (Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference)
- Howard University, Showtime Marching Band (Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference); performing at Honda Battle of the Bands for the first time
- Jackson State University, Sonic Boom of the South (Southwestern Athletic Conference)
- North Carolina A&T University, Blue and Gold Marching Machine (Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference)
- Southern University, Human Jukebox (Southwestern Athletic Conference)
- Talladega College, Marching Tornado Band (Gulf Coast Athletic Conference); performing at Honda Battle of the Bands for the first time
- Tennessee State University, Aristocrat of Bands (Ohio Valley Conference)
The eight HBCUs chosen for the Invitational Showcase will receive a $20,000 grant from Honda to support their music education programs, plus travel to and accommodations in Atlanta for the Invitational Showcase.
For updates, follow the Honda Battle of the Bands and join the social media conversation using #HBOB.
- Facebook – Facebook.com/HondaBattleoftheBands
- Twitter – @The_Honda / Twitter.com/The_Honda
- Instagram – @The_Honda / Instagram.com/the_honda
- YouTube – YouTube.com/hondabotb
For more information on the 2015 Honda Battle of the Bands, visit HondaBattleoftheBands.com.